- Campervan Rental: 2-bed Wanderlust Explorer (Upgrade rom just $25 per night)
- Powered sites for 2 nights (Go posh for 1 night + $265)
- Comprehensive Itinerary, upload to phone for GPS navigation or print out.
- Complimentary transfers to and from airport
- 24/7 breakdown assistance
- A dedicated support team at your disposal
- Itinerary activities and extras are not included
This short tour starts in Christchurch, South Island so you can savour the delights of the Southern Alps before heading North to the seaside town of Kaikoura. Here you can savour fresh seafood and take a cruise out into the ocean to see our Mighty Whales and Dolphins. Travelling inland will take you across rivers and through the mountains to the alpine village of Hanmer Springs, famous for it’s natural thermal hot pools and spa. What a fabulous tour to relax and unwind while still having time to explore two of New Zealand’s most picturesque hot-spots!
- Hanmer Springs Alpine Resort
- Ride the Great Alpine and Coastal Highway
- Get up close to mighty Whales, seals and sea creatures of the Pacific Ocean
Recommended Extra Activities:
- Whale Watching Kayaking with Seals
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Hot Pools and Spa
Day 1 – Christchurch to Kaikoura
Make your way North through villages with boutique shops and café’s, beside fields of sheep and cattle before climbing up through mountains and emerging below to an incredible view of the magnificent Pacific Ocean. Drive alongside the waves and look out for seals before you arrive at the seaside town of Kaikoura. Famous for fresh seafood and home to our mighty whales, why not head out on a cruise to spot a tail or water-spout or the
dolphins that swim beside the boat! Overnight Kaikoura.
Day 2 – Kaikoura to Hanmer Springs
The stunning drive across the Kaikoura Mountain ranges and over crystal blue rivers will bring you to the alpine village of Hanmer Springs. Take a relaxing dip in the natural thermal hot-pools, pamper yourself with a spa treatment, take one of the many forest walks, or explore this small, quiet township with it’s boutique gift shops and café’s. Overnight Hanmer Springs.
Day 3 – Hanmer Springs to Christchurch
Emerging from the Southern Alps will bring you back down to earth, through to the Canterbury Plains farmland filled with sheep, cattle, deer, and past village cafes. The Waipara Valley, home to top wineries, marks your closeness to Christchurch, Garden City. Return your camper when arranged.
Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Franklin, Gisborne, Hamilton, Invercargill, Kaiapoi, Napier, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Queenstown, Rangiora, Rotorua, South Auckland, Taupo, Tauranga, Wellington, Whangarei
3 Day Camper Tour
A quick tour of the south!